The Family Support Worker role at Bluecoat Primary Academy is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. The Family Support Worker can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing they are also here as someone to talk to if you need it.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as health, housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, school places and benefits
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour management at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and parent workshops in school
- setting up adult learning course delivered by Nottingham College
- regular coffee morning to pop in and have an informal chat and meet other parents
How to get in touch:
The Family Support is usually around on the playground in the mornings so feel free to come and have a chat, or alternatively you can leave a message with reception and they will get in touch to agree a suitable time to meet with you.